Monday, August 10, 2009

~In Loving Memory

My Grandfather, aka Pappy.


My grandpa with Alzheimer's disease died while I and my sister were on a missions trip to Los Angeles. It was devastating that I was unable to go to his funeral, let alone be with my family during this time. I will always regret not being there, but I know if my grandpa was still alive he would have wanted me on that missions trip. He would have understood. It has been a month and four days since his death. I miss him terribly, and seldom talk to him as if he was right beside me. I felt I should dedicate one of my posts to him. Here is a part of his obituary:

He was born on February 14, 1926 and died on July 6, 2009. He was a veteran of World War II and served his country proudly in the Navy aboard the USS Schroeder. He was married to my grandma for 55 years (will be 56 years in a couple of weeks) and had 4 children. One of his daughters (my aunt) died of cancer quite a few years ago. He will be missed. I love you, miss you, and think of you often. I hope to make you proud!
~Your loving grand-daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment