Wednesday, February 24, 2010

David's Openness...

I want to say first off that I adore and desire the openness and raw feelings that David expresses in his Psalms. Psalm 17 is a perfect example. I have two verses in chapter 17 that I really like and want to share with you.

Verse 3~
"Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin."

"WHOA!" That was my first reaction when I read this verse. My second reaction: "I desire to say that to God." We all sin. When we do, we need to humble ourselves ask God to forgive us. I read this verse and it really pricked my heart and made my spirit want to strive harder to accomplish this verse. I know I will mess up. It's inevitable. BUT by God's grace and gift of salvation to us- I can be forgiven, my slate wiped clean, and start again.

Verse 6~
"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer."

Verse 6 is a reminder to me that God does hear all of my prayers and will answer them. He may not answer them when or how I would like them answered, but He knows the exact moment and exact form to send the answer when it's in His timing.
Perfect example:
A dear one in our congregation (in summary) needs a new lung. This individual has been waiting quite some time and needs a new lung desperately. The other night their family received a call to come immediately to the hospital because they had found a lung! It was great news because the persons blood is a very rare type and this lung matched it! Everyone was praying for the family and the loved one. Once they got there, they found out it was the wrong type. Devastated, they returned with no new lung. I believe it was ordained by God. God hears our prayers- this lung could have been life-threatening if they had done a transplant. God knows exactly which lung and the perfect timing this dear friend needs. God may decide to miraculously heal them or send another lung that matches perfectly. In any way, God is very aware of every detail in our lives whether we know it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment