So anyways, I put my shoes on and as soon as a had gone 1/2 a mile, I either sprained or pulled a muscle in my ankle region. CRAP IT! So stubborn me walks the rest 1 1/2 miles instead of turning around and going home, putting me in more pain. I realize that my shoes have no ankle support. I bought them at a store that sells practically everything! (ie they were cheap) So I came to the conclusion that if I was serious about jogging and getting in shape, I should invest in some real shoes. So I bought Nike (amazing!) women's running shoes.
Today I go out and do the exact same line up- 1 mile jog and 1 mile walk. What a difference! The day when I had those cheap shoes on, I was huffing and hurting. After my jog today, I felt like I could have jogged farther. My breathing was under control, no aching feet, my whole body felt better. And all because of getting the proper shoes!
While pondering over the new shoes and what an impact they made on me, I noticed that my story with the cheap shoes versus the true running shoes can be used as an analogy with my relationship with God and "winning the race." If I don't invest time in my relationship with God, I'm running the race of life in cheap shoes. If I invest time in God's Word and grow deeper in Him, I'm running with the running shoes.
The cheap shoes give my feet no support which creates pain in my feet and legs- causing me to breath harder and lose my energy. It also makes it harder and more painful to run the race. The running shoes give me support, giving me no pain in my feet or legs which allow me to keep my breathing under control and run farther- and winning the race!
Which shoes are you wearing??
So very true! I really like the analogy. Verrry convicting! By the way I will say it again, I like your nikes :-)
ReplyDelete