
Janet Holm McHenry’s new book, Prayer Walk, discusses how women can expand their spiritual growth and physical health through prayer walking. How many women have “exercise regularly” and “pray more” at the top of their list of resolutions? I know I do! Living in a world that seems to demand so much of our time puts our physical and spiritual health on the back burner. Janet tells us of her personal story while explaining the strategy of prayer walking effectively.
She breaks her book down into two main parts: becoming a woman of strength and discipline and becoming a woman of prayer. In the first section she explains how to make time, reduce aches and pains, reasons for walking (example- reduces the risk of breast cancer), etc. Her second section goes through the spiritual aspect of prayer walking. It sets your posture as you continue through your day. She expresses the importance of not just praying, but listening as you walk with God. A conversation is made up of talking and listening, so don’t just ramble on to take up the silence. Silence can be good! The back of her book has a Study Guide section, which I enjoyed very much. Each chapter is broken down into thought provoking questions and advice on how to get your prayer walking routine rolling. Overall I give her book a thumbs up!
If you'd like to buy this book, you can buy it on amazon here: PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
If you'd like to buy this book, you can buy it on amazon here: PrayerWalk: Becoming a Woman of Prayer, Strength, and Discipline
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.
No comments:
Post a Comment